Long-distance relationships are tough. Anybody who tells you otherwise has probably never been in one themselves. Natalie and I did long-distance for six months at the start of our relationship, and that was hard enough. But I know that many of you have had to survive extended periods of time away from your partner – which is why you’re seeking some long-distance relationship quotes to help ease your burden.
On the bright side, long-distance relationships are more common (and more successful) than ever. With the ever-growing popularity of dating apps and social media, not to mention the current world climate, it’s far more likely that we’ll find ourselves in a relationship with someone who lives in a different timezone.
While, of course, this can be excruciatingly painful at times, it’s important to remember that nothing lasts forever. Every day that passes is a day closer to being reunited with your love. And the idea behind putting together this article was to reassure you that you’re not alone. These beautiful quotes and words of wisdom are a reminder that your LDR is worth fighting for.
If you’re really struggling, I would suggest seeking some advice on coping with your long-distance relationship. However, in the meantime, here are some of the most inspiring long-distance relationship quotes, which I hope will encourage you to stay strong, patient and optimistic.
101+ Beautiful Long-Distance Relationship Quotes
Long Distance Relationship Love Quotes
1. “When two hearts are meant for each other, no distance is too far, no time too long and no other love can break them apart.” – Unknown
2. “We are the perfect couple, we’re just not in the perfect situation.” – Unknown.
3. “Love one another and you will be happy. It’s as simple and as difficult as that.” – Michael Leunig
4. “Just because things are not at their best right now does not mean that we should give up. Gold is tested in fire and something precious like love needs distance to be tested.” — Olga Peters
5. “Distance is just a test of how far love can travel.” – E.E. Cummings.
6. “In true love, the smallest distance is too great and the greatest distance can be bridged.” – Hans Nouwens.
7. “Love is not finding someone to live with. It’s finding someone you can’t live without.” — Rafael Ortiz
8. “Loving someone you don’t see every day is not a bad thing. It’s just proof that love is not in sight but in the heart.” – Unknown.
9. “True love doesn’t mean being inseparable; it means being separated and nothing changes.” – Unknown.
10. “Love will travel as far as you let it. It has no limits.” – Dee King
11. “Love is missing someone whenever you’re apart, but somehow feeling warm inside because you’re close in heart.” – Kai Knudsen
12. “If love cannot stand the test of time, then it has failed the test of love.” — Bernard Byer
13. “Can miles truly separate? If you want to be with someone you love, aren’t you already there?” – Richard Bach
14. “Sometimes, the greatest relationships are the ones you never expected to be in. The ones that sweep you off your feet and challenge every view you’ve ever had.” – Unknown.
15. “All the best love stories have one thing in common: You have to go against the odds to get there.” – Unknown.
16. “Some of the toughest things in this world are to really want someone and not have them around you. Those are the times when you don’t know what to do. All you can do is wait.” – Tamara Louis
17. “I fell in love with his soul before I could even touch his skin. If that isn’t true love, then please tell me what is” – Unknown
18. “Love reckons hours for months, and days for years; and every little absence is an age.” – John Dryden
19. “Love knows no distance; it hath no continent; its eyes are for the stars.” – Gilbert Parker
20. “I found out that I missed him the more he was absent from my life and the more I missed him, the more I loved him.” – Donna Lynn Hope
21. “It is a risk to love. What if it doesn’t work out? Ah, but what if it does.” – Peter McWilliams
22. “Our hours in love have wings; in absence, crutches.” – Colley Cibbe
23. “Absence sharpens love. Presence strengthens it.” – Thomas Fuller
24. “It’s hard to wait for something you know might never happen; but it’s even harder to give up when you know it’s everything you want.” – Unknown.
25. “Love is everything it’s cracked up to be. It really is worth fighting for, being brave for, risking everything for.” – Erica Jong
LDR Quotes About Trust
26. “Long-distance relationships are hard. But they’re also incredible. If you can love, trust, respect, and support each other from a distance, then you’ll be unstoppable once you’re physically together.” – Jay Shetty.
27. “The scariest thing about distance is that you don’t know whether they’ll miss you or forget you.” – Nicholas Sparks, the Notebook.
28. “Waiting is a sign of true love and patience. Anyone can say I love you, but not everyone can wait and prove it’s true.” – Unknown.
29. “A relationship without trust is like a car without gas, you can stay in it all you want, but it won’t go anywhere.” – Michael J Herbert
30. ”Waiting does not bother me, nor does the distance that is cropping up between us. All I want is a true commitment and to know that your heart will never change.” —Ting Stores
31. “Once trust is built, distance cannot kill it. Time and space alone cannot destroy authentic connection.” – Vironika Tugaleva.
32. “This may be the last time I see you, but if you keep me in your heart, together we shall be eternal; if you believe, we shall never part.” – Ben Harper.
33. “Without respect, Love is lost. Without caring, Love is boring. Without honesty, Love is unhappy. Without trust, Love is unstable.” – Unknown.
34. “The tough part of having a long distance relationship is the fight. Normal people can fight and make up by talking face to face. That gets a lot more difficult in a long distance relationship.” – Darren Klee.
35. “Distance doesn’t ruin a relationship. Doubts do.” – Unknown.
36. “If you truly love something, give it a chance to fail. If it survives, it is going to be stronger than ever.” – Unknown.
37. “Long distance relationships fully depend on understanding, trust, and truth.” – Nishu Mishra.
38. “Relationships are like birds, if you hold tightly they die. If you hold loosely, they fly but if you hold with care, they remain with you forever.” – Kanika Pant.
39. “Long distance is hard. You have to trust that as you each change on your own, your relationship will also chance along with you. It takes hope, good humour, and idealism. It takes a massive dose of courage to protect the relationship at all odds. It is hard, but worth it. You’ll both be stronger as a result.” – Craig M. Mullaney.
40. “He who does not trust enough, will not be trusted.” –Lao Tzu
Inspiring Quotes about LDR
41. “Distance is not for the fearful, it is for the bold. It’s for those who are willing to spend a lot of time alone in exchange for a little time with the one they love. It’s for those knowing a good thing when they see it, even if they don’t see it nearly enough…” — Meghan Daum.
42. “Absence is to love as wind is to fire; it extinguishes the small and kindles the great.” – Roger De Bussy-Rabutin
43. “If you found that one person who is really worth the sacrifices, pain, and hardships then your efforts will not go to waste.” — Anna Agoncillo.
44. “Distance makes the heart grow fonder.” – Thomas Haynes Bayly
45. “Missing someone can hurt. But when you know they are yours forever, negativity it helps avert.” — Trishna Damodar
46. “How lucky am I to have something that makes saying goodbye so hard?” – A.A. Milne, Winnie the Pooh.
47. “The value of love is slowly lost when we have way too much. There is just no time to appreciate it. It is in times of separation and distance that you truly understand the meaning of love”. – Tiffany Health.
48. “I believe in the immeasurable power of love; that true love can endure any circumstance and reach across any distance.” – Steve Maraboli
49. “Absence diminishes small loves and increases great ones, as the wind blows out the candle and blows up the bonfire.” – Francois de La Rouchefoucauld
50. “And ever has it been known that love knows not its own depth until the hour of separation.” —Khalil Gibran
51. “You can’t just give up on someone because the situation’s not ideal. Great relationships aren’t great because they have no problems. They’re great because both people care enough about the other person to find a way to make it work.” – Unknown.
52. “The harder the fight, the greater the victory.” – Chris Burkmenn
53. “Long-distance relationships are so much more serious and meaningful than short-distance relationships. I mean, you have to have such strong faith and trust in a person to know that they won’t cheat or lie. And honesty, too. Lots of honesty. Plus, they’re so much cuter; red-eyed Skype dates, love letters, and sometimes even costly phone calls. It’s hard to have someone mean so much to you, and you to them, and not being able to be in their arms whenever you want. Not being above to hold them, kiss them, or spend precious moments together. But finally getting on a plane or driving hours to see that person, and spending days together with them, being together, in each other’s presence, is the most memorable, wonderful, romantic thing ever.” – Unknown.
54. “Distance sometimes lets you know who is worth keeping and who is worth letting go.” – Lana Del Ray
55. “You don’t develop courage by being happy in your relationships every day. You develop it by surviving difficult times and challenging adversity.” – Epicurus
56. “When it’s time for souls to meet, there’s nothing on earth that can prevent them from meeting, no matter where each may be located.” – Jamie Lichauco.
57. “Missing someone gets easier everyday because even though you are one day further from the last time you saw them, you are one day closer to the next time you will.”– Unknown
58. “Life has taught us that love does not consist in gazing at each other but in looking outward together in the same direction.” – Saint Exupery
59. “When everything seems to be going against you, remember that the airplane takes off against the wind, not with it.” – Henry Ford
60. “Remember, nothing good comes easy. If it were easy it, then it wouldn’t be worth it.” – Unknown.
61. “When your absence is felt, your presence is the essence and it makes a difference.” – Michael Bassey Johnson
62. “Home is not where you are from, it is where you belong. Some of us travel the whole world to find it, others find it in a person.” – Beau Taplin
63. “The people who are meant to be in your life will always gravitate back towards you, no matter how far they wander.” – Unknown.
Quotes for your Far Away Love
64. “Long distance is not for daydreamers. It’s for believers like us. We believe.” – Unknown.
65. “You are a thousand miles away. But no one else is closer to my heart.” – Unknown.
66. “Our bond is stronger than the distance between us.” – Unknown.
67. “I don’t cry because we’ve been separated by distance, and for a matter of years. Why? Because for as long as we share the same sky and breathe the same air, we’re still together.” – Donna Lynn Hope
68. “Always remember, my heart holds you when my arms cannot.” – Perry Poetry.
69. “Miles between us will never keep us far apart. For love doesn’t count miles, It is measured by the warmth of our hearts.” – Aniket Maurya.
70. “Waiting is so hard. But I’ll spend as much time alone as I have to, if that means getting to spend the rest of my life with you.” – Ajay Maurya.
71. “Time and distance don’t mean anything when I know we will embrace and hold each other again.” – Unknown.
72. “It hurts not having you close. But it would hurt even more not having you at all.” – Unknown.
73. “I can bear the distance but cannot imagine a life without you. For you I will go through the distance and the heartaches. You are my one and only.”— Montana Lee
74. “Where you used to be, there is a hole in the world, which I find myself constantly walking around in the daytime, and falling in at night. I miss you like hell.” – Edna St. Vincent Millay
75. “It’s not the distance that’s the enemy, but the endless time I have to wait to hold you in my arms.” – Besski Livius
76. “The lines stitched into highways; the never-ending seams, on roads that are less traveled, dividing you and me. I wish I could unravel, the fabric in-between, and tear away the distance, to bring you close to me.” -Lang Leav
77. “It’s not going to be easy. It’s going to be really hard. We’re going to have to work at this everyday. But I want to do that, because I want you.” – Nicholas Sparks
78. “I long for the day I’ll dream of your kiss no more, when your lips will caress mine for real, when your touch makes me alive again, and the sight of you arouses all my senses.” – Unknown.
79. “My heart is your home, wherever in the world you are – you will always have a place to stay.” – K.A. Mill
80. “Years from now, our past will be a story – a story of long days and lonely nights, hard work and lack of sleep. We’ll live each day having intimately known the pain of being apart. We’ll appreciate and embrace our time together, knowing how lucky we are to have made it through. And we’ll find solace in the promise of a future together.” – A Rinkesh.
81. “Tonight, I resign myself to missing you… For I know I have the rest of my life to wake up next to you.” – Unknown.
82. “While I sleep, I dream if you, and when I wake, I long to hold you in my arms. If anything, our time apart has only made me more certain that I want to spend my nights by your side, and my days with your heart.” – Nicholas Sparks.
Cute Long Distance Relationship Quotes
83. “I’m jealous of the people who get to see you everyday.” – Unknown.
84. “One day we will never have to say goodbye, only goodnight.” – Unknown.
85. “I exist in two places, here and where you are.” -Margaret Atwood
86. “I started missing you as soon as we said goodbye.” – Unknown.
87. “Let distance be another reason to love harder than any couple should.” – Unknown
88. “I wanted to send you something sexy, but the mailman told me to get out of the mailbox.” – Unknown.
89. “Distance is temporary, but our love is permanent.” – Unknown.
90. “The Pain of parting is nothing to the joy of meeting again.” – Charles Dickens
91. “I carry your heart with me (I carry it in my heart).” – E.E Cummings
92. “Distance never separates two hearts that really care, for our memories span the miles and in seconds we are there. But whenever I start feeling said, because I miss you, I remind myself how lucky I am to have someone so special to miss.” – Cheryl Ott.
93. “Distance gives us reason to love harder.” – Unknown.
94. “And then she know, you could be homesick for people too.” – Beau Taplin
95. “Distance means so little when someone means so much.” – Unknown.
96. “Forget all the reasons why it won’t work, and believe the one reason why it will.” – Unknown.
97. “The longer you wait for something, the more you’ll appreciate it when you get it.” – Unknown.
98. “You’ll be the sun, I’ll be the moon – just let your light come shining through’ and when night comes, just like the moon, I’ll shine the light, right back to you.” – Unknown.
99. “One day the plane ticket will be one way.” – Unknown
100 . “I knew when I met you an adventure was going to happen.” – A.A. Milne.
101. “You’re worth every mile between us.” – Unknown.
Thank You For Reading!
I hope you enjoyed these beautiful long distance relationship quotes and that they’ve encouraged you to stay strong? Let us know which are your favourites or if you have any others that you think deserves a spot on our list.
If you enjoyed this article, you may also be interested in the following:
- 100 Couples Travel Quotes – The Best Quotes for Travelling Couples
- 101+ Lesbian Love Quotes – The Best Lesbian Quotes and Sayings
- Long-Distance Lesbian Relationships – How to Survive the Distance
- 15 Lesbian Couple Goals for a Happy & Healthy Lesbian Relationship
- 13 Lesbian Couples Share Their Lesbian Relationship Advice
We love hearing from you. Please reach out to us in the comment section below, or through our contact us page. Don’t forget to follow us on Instagram here, where we share further travel advice & inspiration.
All our love,
Charlotte & Natalie x
Disclosure: Some of the links in this post are affiliate links. That means that if you purchase through these links, we will earn a small commission, at no extra cost to you. And we can continue bringing you free travel tips and advice. If you found the content helpful and are kind enough to use our affiliates – you are awesome, and we thank you!