Couples who travel together, stay together – or so they say. In this article, I share 100 of the best travel couple quotes to help inspire your wanderlust.
I’ve always been a sucker for a great quote. So, when Natalie and I were planning to travel, I got addicted to finding the best quotes for travelling couples.
In this article, you’ll find some of the well-known travel quotes for couples, combined with some that I’ve carefully crafted myself.
Feel free to save or pin the graphics, and print and frame them as a perfect gift for a travel couple or your partner.
So let’s get to it. Here are 100 of the best quotes for travelling couples.
Disclosure: Some of the links in this post are affiliate links. If you purchase a product through these links, we will earn a small commission at no extra cost to you. And we can continue bringing you free tips and advice. If you found the content helpful and are kind enough to use our affiliates – you are awesome, and we thank you!
The Best Couples Travel Quotes
1. “Date someone who is a home and an adventure all at once”. – Unknown.
2. “You keep me safe, I’ll keep you wild.” – Unknown.
3. “Why should a relationship mean settling down? Wait for someone who won’t let life escape you, who’ll challenge you and drive you towards your dreams. Someone spontaneous who you can get lost in the world with. A relationship, with the right person, is a release, not a restriction.” – Beau Tapin.
4. “Here’s to all the places we went. And here’s to all the places we’ll go. And here’s to me whispering again and again and again and again: I love you.” – John Green.
5. “Home is not where you are from, it is where you belong. Some of us travel the whole world to find it. Others, find it in a person.” – Beau Taplin.
6. “When travelling with someone, take large doses of patience and tolerance with your morning coffee.” – Helen Hayes.
7. “Travel while you’re young and able. Don’t worry about the money, just make it work. Experience is far more valuable than money will ever be.” – David Avocado Wolfe.
8. “Night air, good conversation, and a sky full of stars can heal almost any wound.” – Beau Taplin.
9. “But the most beautiful things in life are not things. They’re people, and places, and memories, and pictures. They’re feeling and moments and smiles and laughter.” – Unknown.
10. “Memories are always special. Sometimes we laugh by remembering the days we cried. And we cry by remembering the days we laughed.. That’s life.” – Unknown.
11. “It was sunsets that taught me that beauty sometimes only lasts for a couple of moments, and it was sunrises that showed me that all it takes is patience to experience it all over again.” – A.J. Lawless.
12. “People are just as wonderful as sunsets if you let them be. When I look at a sunset, I don’t find myself saying ‘Soften the orange a bit on the right-hand corner.’ I don’t try to control a sunset. I watch with awe as it unfolds.” – Carl Rogers.
13. “Whatever is good for your soul, do that.” – Unknown.
14. “Travel. Make memories. Have adventures. Because I guarantee that when you’re 85 and on your death bed you won’t think about that flashy car you bought, or the twenty pairs of designer shoes you owned. But you will think about that time you got lost in your favourite city. The nights spent falling in love under the stars and all the beautiful people you met along the way. You’ll think of the moments that made you feel truly alive. And at the very end, those memories will be the only valuable possessions you own.” – Unknown.
“15. I have loved her, my little wanderer, with a mind full of wild forests and eyes that await adventures.” – Conny Cernik.
16. “Find love with someone who loves your free spirit, someone who has no intention of restricting your wild side but someone who wants to set it free and run with you.” – Unknown.
17. “Some people want a big house, a fast car, and lots of money. Some people want a tiny cabin in the woods away from those kinds of people.” – Unknown.
18. “Travelling in the company of those we love is home in motion.” – Leigh Hunt.
19. “I have found that there ain’t no surer way to find out whether you like people or hate them than to travel with them.” – Mark Twain.
20. “The best portion of your life will be the small, nameless moments you spend smiling with those who matter to you.” – Ritu Ghatourey.
21. “Did you know that we all have at least one soul place in the physical world? A soul place is a special site or spot where we experience unique feelings of belonging, empowerment, and energetic rejuvenation.” – Mateo Sol.
22. “I love the weirdos. The rule-breakers. The strange, whimsical, outlandish, peculiar, and uncanny. The misfits. The curious, unusual, eccentric, and unpredictable. The freaks. The radical, star-gazing vagabonds. The loners. The rejects. The outsiders. The silly romanticists who ridiculously believe of changing the world someday… because they do.” – Creig Crippen.
23. “Travel is like love, mostly because it’s a heightened state of awareness, in which we are mindful, receptive, undimmed by familiarity and ready to be transformed. That is why the best trips, like the best love affairs, never really end.” — Pico Iyer.
Travel Couple Captions
If you’re in a rush and looking for short & witty couple quotes for Instagram captions, look no further. These will entertain your followers without too much effort on your part.
24. “Fancy clothes and diamond rings? No, honey. Passport, tickets, and a backpack.” – Unknown.
25. “Let’s find some beautiful place to get lost.” – Unknown.
26. “F**k Netflix & Chill. Let’s travel the world. Let’s make memories.” – Unknown.
“27. In life, it’s not where you go, it’s who you travel with.” – Charles Schulz.
28. “We travel not to escape life, but for life not to escape us.” – Robyn Yong.
29. “Sometimes, a break from your routine is the very thing you need.” – Unknown.
30. “Love does not consist of gazing at each other, but in looking together in the same direction.” – Antoine de Saint-Exupery.
31. “We’d rather have a passport full of stamps than a house full of stuff.” – Anonymous.
32. “Let’s wander where the wifi is weak.” – Unknown.
33. “We haven’t been everywhere, but it’s on our list.” – Susan Sontag.
34. “We have nothing to lose and a world to see.” – Rainie Rainie Navarro.
35. “Remember that happiness is a way of travel – not a destination.” – Roy L. Goodman.
36. “To the world, you may be one person, but to one person you may be the world.” – Dr.Seuss.
37. “Better to see something once, than hear about it a thousand times.” – Asian Proverb.
38. “Of all the books in the world, the best stories are found between the pages of a passport.” – Unknown.
39. “We followed our hearts, and it led us to the airport.” – Unknown.
40. “If we were meant to stay in one place, we’d have roots instead of feet, he said.” – Rachel Wolchin.
Couple Adventure Quotes
These couple adventure quotes are enough to send even the most laidback of an individual into a tizzy. So pack your bags, you’ll be off on an adventure in no time.
41. “The comfort zone is a psychological state in which one feels familiar, safe, at ease, and secure. If you always do what is easy and choose the path of least resistance, you never step outside your comfort zone. Great things don’t come from comfort zones.” – Roy T. Bennett.
42. “Actually, the best gift you could have given her was a lifetime of adventures.” – Lewis Carroll.
43. “The universe just f**king knows when souls are wired to wreck the world together!” – Erin Van Vuren.
44. “I don’t want to be tied down to someone. I want to be set free with someone.” – Unknown.
45. “The biggest adventure you can ever take is to live the life of your dreams.” – Oprah Winfrey.
46. “What we find in a soulmate is not something wild to tame. But something wild to run with.” – Robert Brault.
47. “At the end of the day, your feet should be dirty, your hair should be messy and your eyes sparkling.” – Shanti.
48. “We live in a wonderful world that is full of beauty, charm and adventure. There is no end to the adventures we can have if only we seek them with our eyes open.” – Jawaharial Nehru.
49. “Somewhere on your journey, don’t forget to turn around and enjoy the view.” – Unknown.
50. “Let’s change the world, one adventure at a time.” – Unknown.
51. “Every heart seeks adventure. Some find it in the frost mountains resting along the horizon, some find it in the windy seashores, and some find it in the damp rain forests. While I’ve found my adventure in you.” – Ankit Choubey.
52. “Love is meant to be an adventure.” – Gordon B. Hinckley.
53. “If happiness is the goal – and it should be, then adventures should be a priority.” – Richard Branson.
54. “All good things are wild and free.” – Henry David Thoreau.
55. “Being with you turned out to be the wildest, boldest, and the most beautiful adventure I ever took. You’re my crazy adventure.” – Shubhangi.
56. “Set fire to all your maps, forget how it’s always been. We’re explorers of the heart, learning to dream again. The adventure of a lifetime with love alone as our guide. Exotic places beyond imagination – ones we’ve longed for deep inside.” – John Mark Green.
57. “I want to go on a road trip. Just you and me. The highway, the radio, the blue sky, the back roads, and windows down. We’ll talk about everything and nothing. We’ll sing our hearts out, and we’ll make memories we’ll never forget. Just you and me.” – Unknown.
58. “We don’t just get to grow old together. We get to grow up together. And that’s the real adventure.” – Unknown.
59. “TRAVEL. As much as you can. As far as you can. As long as you can. Life’s not meant to be lived in one place.” – Martin Moodie.
60. “You are the end of my road. After a lifetime of missed exits and wrong turns, you feel like I’m finally home. One journey ends, and another begins with you.” – Unknown.
61. “It is a big and beautiful world. Most of us live and die in the same corner where we were born and never get to see any of it. I don’t want to be most of us.” – Oberyn Martell (Game of Thrones).
62. “Oh darling, let’s be adventurers.” – Unknown.
63. “Road trips are the equivalent of human wings. Ask me to go on one, anywhere. We’ll stop in every small town and learn the history and stories, feel the ground and capture the spirit. Then we’ll turn in it into our own story that will live inside our history to carry with us, always. Because stories are more important than things.” – Unknown.
My Own Couple Travel Quotes
I don’t claim to be the most poetic writer in the world, but I hope you’ll enjoy the couple travel quotes I put together below.
64. “I can’t promise you the world, but I can promise you a lifetime of adventure. I can’t promise you money, but I can promise you a thousand sunrises and a million ‘I love yous’. I can’t promise you material things, but I can promise that freedom suits you better than any designer handbag. No I can’t promise you the world, but I can promise that all we’ll ever need is right here.” – Charlotte Hockin.
65. “The irony of losing yourself in travel, is that you actually end up finding the real you.” – Charlotte Hockin.
66. “And with courageous hearts, and curious minds, they left the world they knew behind.” – Charlotte Hockin.
67. “Out of all the beautiful things I’ve seen in the world, your smile is still my favourite.” – Charlotte Hockin.
68. “Life is short. Don’t let it pass you by without finding what it is that truly sets your soul on fire.” – Charlotte Hockin.
69. “They all said she was different. And deep down she knew it too. While they bragged of money, cars, and status, she yearned for something more. She wanted to walk bare feet on the sand and run naked into the sea. Foreign lands called out her name. Different cultures itched at her skin. Yes, she thought. I was born to be forever young, wild, and free. I want to be richer than they can ever be.” – Charlotte Hockin.
70. “A love that runs as deep as the ocean, a passion that burns like the sun in the sky. And with the gravitational force of the moon, they get carried away with the tide.” – Charlotte Hockin.
71. “When we met it was like a fresh start, a blank canvas. She gave me the confidence to create the life I wanted, and provided all the colours I needed to make it beautiful” – Charlotte Hockin.
72. “The road ahead of us is mysterious – full of ups & downs and twists & turns, all the while leading us to unknown destinations. This may be scary to some people, but to us this is living. And we have never felt so alive.” – Charlotte Hockin.
Travelling Couple Quotes by Brooke Hampton
73. “I’m not waiting for a hero. I saved myself long ago. I don’t need someone to complete me. I am whole alone. I just want a weirdo to go on adventures with me, kiss me when I least expect it and make me laugh. That’s it.” – Brooke Hampton.
74. “I like people who get excited about the change of seasons, the sound of the ocean, watching a sunset, the smell of rain and starry nights.” – Brooke Hampton.
75. “I need a break from all the noise. I want to breath clean air and swim in clean water. I want to sit on the porch of an old cabin and listen to the stillness. I want to be out where things are simple and every breath is a reminder that there is beauty and magic left in this world.” – Brooke Hampton.
76. “Stop waiting. You may never be ready and there’s a good chance that the fear will never go away. Give yourself permission to be underprepared and uncomfortable. You may never get this chance again. Go.” – Brooke Hampton.
77. “Let’s wander, and decorate our memories with wild love, epic adventures, and soul talk with badass people. Help me collect stories people won’t believe, and memories that will keep us warm when we’re old.” – Brooke Hampton.
78. “Follow your heart and take a chance that you’ll be wrong. Take a chance that maybe you’ll f**k it all up and everyone will say you’re crazy. What’s the worst that can happen? Face that fear and accept it. Because to silence your heart and forget your dreams is to die while living. LIVE. Don’t let the world scare you into being something you’re not. Get out there and risk the unusual or you’ll have to settle for the ordinary. So, no-one else has done it before? There is no road map for you to follow? Then, you be the first! Pave the way for someone else. Find your courage and follow your heart.” – Brooke Hampton.
79. “Be brave, wild one, be brave.” – Brooke Hampton.
80. “No, we don’t need more sleep. It’s our souls that are tired, not our bodies. We need nature. We need magic. We need adventure. We need freedom. We need truth. We need stillness. We don’t need more sleep. We need to wake up and live.” – Brooke Hampton.
81. “I don’t want fancy dinner dates, shiny cars, overpriced hotels, stuffy people and diamonds I won’t ever wear. Give me an old truck, bed full of blankets, a clear night sky full of stars, some homemade chocolate and a soul that can make me laugh and is willing to be real will me.” – Brooke Hampton.
Short Travel Couple Quotes
Finally, here are some short travel couple quotes that prove you can pack a lot of meaning into just a few words.
82. “Hold my hand & I’ll go anywhere with you.” – Unknown.
83. “Come get lost with me.” – Unknown.
84. “Let’s find some beautiful places to get lost together.” – Unknown.
85. “We Came. We Saw. We Loved.” – Unknown.
86. “Let’s travel together and get lost in beautiful places.” – Unknown.
87. “Happiness is planning a trip somewhere new, with someone you love.” – Marty Rubin.
88. “Live for the moments that you can’t put into words.” – Clo Mailen.
89. “Love is the food of life, travel is dessert.” – Amanda Jane Sturges.
90. “Couples that travel together, stay together.” – Unknown.
91. “The earth has music for those who listen.” – Shakespeare
92. “It is ok to live a life others do not understand.” – Jenna Woginrich.
93. “And my heart’s at home when my hand is holding yours.” – Unknown.
94. “One of the best feelings is exploring a brand new place you’ve never been to before.” – Unknown.
95. “I wanna travel the world with you. Go to every country, every city, take pictures and be happy.” – Unknown.
96. “Life itself is a privilege. But to live life to the fullest – well, that’s a choice.” – Andy Andrews.
97. “Come with me, where dreams are born, and time is never planned.” – J.M Barrie.
98. “Let’s do what we love and do a lot of it.” – Marc Jacobs.
“Travelling is like flirting with life. It’s like saying, “I would stay and love you, but I have to go; this is my station.” — Lisa St. Aubin de Teran
99. “I have travelled through madness to find me.” – Danny Alexander.
100. “Never go on trips with anyone you do not love.” – Ernest Hemingway
Now we’ve inspired your wanderlust, it’s time to start planning your trip of a lifetime. We have countless travel guides and itineraries to help with your trip planning, alongside packing lists, safety tips & more.
Are you heading to Asia? Enjoy vibrant culture in India. Ride a motorbike across the stunning landscapes of Vietnam. Discover the mountains of Nepal. Experience the magic of Bali. And experience the diversity of Malaysia.
Or perhaps you’re hitting the cities of Europe? Berlin is one of our favourite cities, along with Prague and Budapest. We also have a locals guide to London, to ensure you experience all the big smoke has to offer.
Did you Enjoy our List of Couples Travel Quotes?
I hope you enjoyed these inspiring quotes for travel couples.
Let us know which quotes are your favourites or if you have any others that you think deserve a spot on our list.
You can reach out to us in the comment section below or through our contact us page.