The feeling of trekking amidst the Himalayan mountains is quite difficult to put into words. Standing 4130m above sea level at Annapurna Base Camp, looking up at the prodigious snowcapped mountains, it felt like a whole other world. We have a number of articles below to help you prepare for your Annapurna trek; however, here, we will leave you with our Annapurna Base Camp Photo Diary.
- Annapurna Base Camp Trek in 7 Days
- Annapurna Base Camp Packing List
- Annapurna Base Camp Trek Cost
- Annapurna Trekking Permit
Annapurna Base Camp Photo Diary
As travellers, it should always be a top priority to travel responsibly. We already leave a substantial carbon footprint just by flying to our travel destinations, so that’s even more reason to make a positive impact when we get there. There are many small steps you can take to becoming a responsible traveller, and we highly encourage you to educate yourself before trekking in the Himalayas. Here are some things you can do to minimise your footprint when trekking in Nepal:
1. Do not leave any rubbish along the trail (unless it’s in a bin): You would think this would go without saying; however, there are some questionable humans who think it’s ok to leave rubbish lying around on the trail.
2. Carry a Steripen or iodine tablets to sterilise water: This not only limits your usage of single-use plastic but also saves you money too!
3. Respect the local culture: Be courteous of the local culture and act in such a way that leaves a good impression. Learn a little of the local language (hello and thank you is the minimum, you can use Google Translate), greet the locals in a polite manner, and respect dress codes & traditions.
Well, that concludes the Annapurna Base Camp Photo Diary If you have any questions or feel we have missed anything, please reach out to us in the comment section below.
Stay adventurous & happy trekking,
Charlotte & Natalie X
Disclosure: Some of the links in this post are affiliate links. That means that if you purchase through these links, we will earn a small commission, at no extra cost to you. And we can continue bringing you free travel tips and advice. If you use our affiliates, you are awesome, and we thank you!
PIN IT FOR LATER
Was this inspiring? We would love to hear your thoughts, suggestions or any questions in the comments below!
Last Updated on October 22, 2020 by Our Taste For Life